What is a modular home?
By now you have heard about modular homes, but you may still have questions as to what a modular home really is, or what sets them apart from a manufactured home.
It can be a common misconception to consider a modular home and a manufactured home one in the same. In actuality, there are many significant differences. While modular homes do bear some similarity to the manufactured home process (as they are built in a manufacturing facility in assembly line fashion) that is largely where the similarity ends. In fact, our modular homes have the same architectural look and appeal as the highest quality “traditional home” constructed on-site, while offering more flexibility at a significantly lower cost. There are innumerable benefits to making the smart decision to purchase a modular home. Consider several facts that prove to you why a modular home is the best choice for you:
- Exceptional quality and pricing
- Manufacturing factory process means you will have a more structurally sound home, built to exacting standards
- Up to 30% more materials used in the building process than “traditional” homes built “on site”
- Customizing your home to meet your family’s needs is affordable and easy!
- Energy efficient, which translates to monthly savings on your utility bills!
- Fast yet reliable construction
- Vast selection of upgrades and amenities
- Shorter construction time period: Modular homes are delivered to the job site at least 90% complete, so total construction time is greatly reduced, which means you can move in to your new home sooner!
- Because modular homes are built in a controlled, indoor environment, delays due to inclement weather are avoided.
- The secure environment ensures protection from construction site theft, which is becoming a frequent problem in on site built homes, resulting in added costs and delays.
Features Standard in the prestigious Benchmark Series:
- 9′ Residential Flat Textured Ceiling W/ Overhead Air Registers
- 3/4″ White Low E Vinyl Thermal-pane Windows w/ Wood Sills
- Thermal Zone 111 (Maximum Insulation Rating)
- 2″x6″ Exterior Walls on 16″ Centers (W R19 Insulation)
- 2″x4″ All Interior Walls
- 2″x6″ Top and Bottom Plate
- 2″x6″ Facia w/ Minimum 10″ Soffit
- 25 Cubic Feet Side by Side Refrigerator
- Triple Mortised Hinges On All Doors
- Deep Stainless Double Sinks w/ Delta Faucets
- 3/4″ Floor Tongue & Groove Decking OSB or Plywood
- Continuous Eave Ventilation w/ Ventalaire Air Transfer
- 1/2″ Full Tape and Texture Walls Throughout w/ Bull Nose Corners
- 42″ Overhead Cabinets w/ European Hinges and Adjustable Shelves
- 5 1/4″ Baseboards w/ Shoe Molding T/O
- 4″ Crown Molding
- 26 OZ. Standard Carpet (36 OZ. optional)
- Diamond Hand Laid Pattern Flooring In All Wet Areas
- 55 Gallon Water Heater w/ Drain Pan & Private Closet w/ Door w/ Secondary
- Compartment Drain and Compartment Waterproof Seal
- Furnace w/ Full Private Door Closet
- Residential Closet Shelving w/ Wood Closet Rod
- All Exterior Wall Casings are Reinforced w/ 7/16 OSB On Inside Walls
- 7/7 Dealer Exclusive Home Warranty
It is easy to see why deciding to make a Pratt modular home your next home is the smartest choice! A Pratt Home sets itself apart from the average modular home by exceeding many of the manufacturers modular standards. This allows you to take the best features utilized in modular construction and add the distinguished Pratt Home touch. A Pratt Home goes above and beyond industry standards. Stop in today and let a Pratt Home consultant show you why…in today’s economy, the truly prudent buyer should not pass up the opportunity to compare the advantages of a modular home during their decision process.